Wednesday, February 29, 2012

All of My Heart

Assignment: Choose a song then write a poem based on that song's lyrics.
My Song: Love Song for a Savior by Jars of Clay

Love Song for a Savior

My poem

I close my eyes and dream of the day
When I can be with you forever, in your arms,
Never needing the rest of the world.

My heart beats faster when I try to imagine
Your face and how it will feel the first time
I see You eye to eye.

Every part of me yearns to be forever Yours,
Close by Your side, day after day, hour by hour,
And simply look into Your face.

Deeper than any ocean, higher than any mountain,
My love for You grows every day. My minutes pass by
And all I can do is dream of you.

Every breath that I take, every beat of my heart,
I give them all to You to have as Your own.
I love You so.

Please take me as I am, knowing that the deeper I fall,
The better and stronger I become, until Your love and heart
Are all I want in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment