Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Farewell OSHS Assignment

Assignment Write a poem about your memories of Oceanside, your feelings that it is closing.

Gone, but not forgotten

Two years, two schools.
Hundreds of students' lives
Will never be the same.

Jill, Gattz, the Gilman clan.
Hundreds of SL kids have been
Changed because of you.

Me, myself....big or little.
I'll always be grateful for everything
You made my SL childhood.

You gave so many opportunity.
You gave so many laughter.
You gave so many such memories.

But when the doors close
And the hallways echo quiet,
Oceanside will not disappear.

In our minds, hearts and memories
Your work, your time, sweat and tears
Have left behind diamond-like gems

Of happiness and the kinds of things
Only this world can bring. Only love
And passion can bear.

I love you.
I love Oceanside.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment